Agents of Hope
‘You can’t do the Bloom's Taxonomy until you take care of the Maslow's Hierarchy’: Glasgow’s journey towards becoming the ‘The Nurturing City’ with Dr Francesca Nagle and Dr Larissa Cunningham from Glasgow Educational Psychology Service
May 10, 2022
In this conversation Tim speaks to two Southampton university graduates who swapped the South Coast of England for Glasgow in Scotland, Francesca and Larissa. We talk about Glasgow's journey to become a 'nurturing city'.
Education Scotland & Glasgow City Council (2017). Applying Nurture as a Whole School Approach. Crown Copyright.
- Kearney, M. & Nowek, G. (2019). Beyond Nurture Groups to Nurturing Approaches: A Focus on the Development of Nurture in the Scottish Context. The international Journal of Nurture in Education. Volume 5.
- March, S. & Kearney, M. (2017). A psychological service contribution to nurture: Glasgow’s nurturing city. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, 22(3), 237-247.
- Kearney et al., (2020). The nurturing establishment: Gathering children and parental/carers views of their experiences of a nurturing establishment. The International Journal of Nurture in Education. Volume 6.
- Cunningham, L., Hartwell, B., & Kreppner, J. (2019). Exploring the impact of nurture groups on children’s social skills: A mixed methods approach. Educational Psychology in Practice, 35(4), 1-16.
- Education Scotland (2018). Nurture, Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma Informed Practice: Making the links between these approaches. https://education.gov.scot/improvement/self-evaluation/inc83-nurture-adverse-childhood-experiences-and-trauma-informed-practice/
- GEPS website: https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/glowblogs/glasgowpsychologicalservice/nurture/
- Twitter: @GlasgowEPS @GlasgowNurture
Support the show